Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

The court ordered property settlement agreement stated

Customer Question
"wife" was to receive survivor's...
The court ordered property settlement agreement stated "wife" was to receive survivor's benefit. It was not changed to "former spouse" within the following year. This was 21 years ago. What to do? How to fix?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/18/2016
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 1 year ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpSorry....I am not sure I understand your question...the language in the court order is not the issue. The issue was did the retired member elect SBP?
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer