Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

My grandmother is about to lose her job and has already used

Customer Question
almost all of her 401k...
My grandmother is about to lose her job and has already used almost all of her 401k. I have been giving her 500 dollars a month to help out, but that's not enough. I need to find a way to either claim her as my dependent, or live off base as a PFC at a new duty station so she can stay with me. please help!
JA: The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. I am still in school, therefore I haven't had the chance to take the next step.
JA: Is there anything else the Military Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Military Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Military Law
3/15/2016
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 1 year ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking what is required to be able to claim your grandparents as a dependent?

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer