How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 118131
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Very simple i was charged with several crimes while in the

Customer Question

very simple i was charged with several crimes while in the military. i went to courts martial and was found not guilty on all accounts. however apparently there is this thing called a title that still shows up on my background checks and i can't get a job
JA: OK. The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: i have tried to contact my defense attorney from the military but with no luck. i keep getting the run around of "you have to call this person"
JA: Is there anything else the Military Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: no not to my knowledge. it was a lengthy charge sheet but i have the full record or trial
JA: Our top Military Lawyer is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Military Lawyer in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Military Lawyer until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You have to file for removal of the record, since you were found not guilty, with the Board of Corrections:
Here is an application sample:
Also, here are some instructions about the process:
So, you would have to file to have your record corrected to remove the not-guilty charges from it.