Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I leave training may 10 and was told to get into no trouble…

Customer Question
I leave for Basic...

I leave for Basic training may 10 and was told to get into no trouble at all in the mean time. last night I got arrested for Minor In Consumption(MIC) of alcohol and Minor In Possession of alcohol(MIP). I take a class in a few days for it so I don't have to appear in court. Will this incident result in me being discharged from the USAF?

Lawyer's Assistant: OK. The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else the Military Lawyer should be aware of?

No not that I'm aware

Lawyer's Assistant: Our top Military Lawyer is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Military Lawyer in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Military Lawyer until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
3/12/2016
Military Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for the information and your question. The decision as to whether or not to discharge you for this is discretionary, so there is no way to say with certainty what the AF will do. However, it would be unusual to be discharged for this one MIP incident. It is more likely that you will receive a counseling warning that goes in your record that says if you get into trouble again, you can be discharged. It is important though that you let the AF Recruit Command or your accession Command when you get to basic training that this occurred. If you don't let them know and they find out later as part of a security clearance investigation, you could be involuntarily separated for not telling them.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 12th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.