Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

Question on Emergency Leave Personnel. I received a notice

Customer Question
Question on Emergency Leave for...
Question on Emergency Leave for Military Personnel.
I received a notice from a person stating that he is, Sergeant. Scott Kilby, UNITED STATES INTERNATIONAL LEAVE BOARD,UNIT LIBYA PEACE KEEPING OFFICE. A request was sent for an emergency leave and I received a letter stating that for my fiance' to come back to the states I would have to pay one of the following:
EMERGENCY LEAVE CATEGORIES
(A) 12 WEEKS LEAVE DURATION: $1,150
(B) 24 WEEKS LEAVE DURATION: $2,400
(C) 48WEEKS LEAVE DURATION (HONEYMOON VACATION) LEAVE : $4,770
Does the military government really do this or is this some kind of way to get people to pay monies to people that are over seas
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2016
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 1 year ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

This is a scam. PLEASE do not send any money. There is NO cost for leave. Period. Criminals have a history of pretending to be service members and stealing money from folks pretending they must have money for leave. This is not trye

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Hi
Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Please rate the answer so I may receive credit
Thanks for your understanding
Phil

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer