Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I need a copy of my father's military discharge papers from…

Customer Question
I need a copy...

I need a copy of my father's military discharge papers from the army around 1944

Lawyer's Assistant: OK. The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

No I didn't really think there was a need for an attorney. I just wanted to see what the reason was behind his early discharge

Lawyer's Assistant: It sounds like you need to chat with the Ophthalmologist. OK?

No, I just think I need to get a copy of his discharge papers

Lawyer's Assistant: I can help you talk to the essay tutor. Thanks for coming to JustAnswer. How can we help?

How can I obtain a copy of my father's discharge papers from the army

Lawyer's Assistant: OK. The essay tutor will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the essay tutor can help you best.

I think my father was in the Navy and did not make it through Boot Camp. He came home and I was born some years after. I'd like to know why he was discharged from the army

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else the essay tutor should be aware of?

I'm pretty sure it was the Navy and that the army his name is***** the art is for Raymond. His birthday is ***** 4 or fifth 1926

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
3/4/2016
Military Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for the information and I apologize for the confusing automatic fill conversation from the Site system. You now have a live human dealing with you. I am still scratching my head reading it. The Experts on this Site don't work directly for the Site so we have no control as to how the Site brings customers to our categories. In any event, I can guide you in the right direction to try to obtain your father's military records, in particular discharge paperwork.

You can order your father's records online and can find more information about the process at the following link through the National Archives: https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/

Since your father was discharged in 1944, his records are actually archived in the public archives. You can find the information about how to obtain his records through the archives at the following link: https://www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel/public/general-public.html

There is a minimal charge for copying. You will need some basic information about your father to start, such as full name, social security number or service number is ***** have it, date of birth, etc.

After you have read the information at the links I provided, if you need clarification, please feel free to ask. If not, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 4th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.

I've been busy to follow up with your instructions. I cannot rare you until I follow up the task

Thank you for your reply.