How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 20299
Experience:  Licensed attorney and former Navy JAG serving ashore, afloat and at the OJAG
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a copy of my father's military discharge papers from

Customer Question

I need a copy of my father's military discharge papers from the army around 1944
JA: OK. The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I didn't really think there was a need for an attorney. I just wanted to see what the reason was behind his early discharge
JA: It sounds like you need to chat with the Ophthalmologist. OK?
Customer: No, I just think I need to get a copy of his discharge papers
JA: I can help you talk to the essay tutor. Thanks for coming to JustAnswer. How can we help?
Customer: How can I obtain a copy of my father's discharge papers from the army
JA: OK. The essay tutor will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the essay tutor can help you best.
Customer: I think my father was in the Navy and did not make it through Boot Camp. He came home and I was born some years after. I'd like to know why he was discharged from the army
JA: Is there anything else the essay tutor should be aware of?
Customer: I'm pretty sure it was the Navy and that the army his name is***** the art is for Raymond. His birthday is ***** 4 or fifth 1926
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the essay tutor about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for the information and I apologize for the confusing automatic fill conversation from the Site system. You now have a live human dealing with you. I am still scratching my head reading it. The Experts on this Site don't work directly for the Site so we have no control as to how the Site brings customers to our categories. In any event, I can guide you in the right direction to try to obtain your father's military records, in particular discharge paperwork.

You can order your father's records online and can find more information about the process at the following link through the National Archives:

Since your father was discharged in 1944, his records are actually archived in the public archives. You can find the information about how to obtain his records through the archives at the following link:

There is a minimal charge for copying. You will need some basic information about your father to start, such as full name, social security number or service number is ***** have it, date of birth, etc.

After you have read the information at the links I provided, if you need clarification, please feel free to ask. If not, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 4th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at:

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been busy to follow up with your instructions. I cannot rare you until I follow up the task
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

Related Military Law Questions