Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

Can I get a military ID card to gain entry into a military…

Customer Question
Can I get a military...
Can I get a military ID card to gain entry into a military base as a contractor or vendor, if my son is in the Reserves, but served a tour in Afghanistan? How do I go about doing this? Thank you, ***** *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/4/2016
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry to bear bad news. You are not eligible for an ID card based on your son's duty status.

This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I wish I could tell you that you qualify for an ID card, but I can only provide you information based on the law so that you can act on the best available information to you...I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer