Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I have a dismissed domestic violence charge. It was first…

Customer Question
I have a dismissed...

I have a dismissed domestic violence charge. It was first dropped down to a misdemeanor assault, then it was dismissed all together when I went to trial. All that was asked of me was to complete a 30 week domestic violence course and 30hrs of community service.

Lawyer's Assistant: OK. The Military Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

I already went to OCS for the Marine Corps last Jan 2015 before any of this happened.

Lawyer's Assistant: Sorry about that. I must have missed it. Could you tell me again?

I have a dismissed domestic violence charge. It was first dropped down to a misdemeanor assault, then it was dismissed all together when I went to trial. All that was asked of me was to complete a 30 week domestic violence course and 30hrs of community service.Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/military-law/7dib4-explained-airforce-recruiter-dismissed-domestic-violence-civil-court-air-force.html#ixzz41tTjjSXw

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Military Lawyer should know?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
3/4/2016
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer