How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Peter Griesch Your Own Question
Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 324
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Peter Griesch is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Sinclair and I wanted to know if I could sue the Army? Right

Customer Question

Hello, my name is***** and I wanted to know if I could sue the Army? Right now, my husband is active and they are pursuing a case against him that is based on a lie out child told and this has been going on for a year and half now
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: our child told a friend that her dad tried to touch her and kill her but it did not happen.....she has said she lied about it because she was upset with us. She was also going thru some mental issues at the time this all happened. so she has been making up stories for a while. He is being charged right now and hasn't been removed from the home twice now....this time it has been since Sept and they keep giving us the run around of things This has not only put a strain on me but our 3 children
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Military Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

The short answer is, no. If the Army received a report of misconduct it is obligated to investigate and take measures to prevent further misconduct. From what you've described, there are no grounds to sue the Army.

If the victim fabricated the complaint, and you have proof of that, you could sue the alleged victim.

Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. If not, please remember to rate my response. I only receive credit from Just Answer if my response is rated. Thank you.