Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

If the IRS and the VA recognize the exclusion of disability…

Customer Question
If the IRS and...

If the IRS and the VA recognize the exclusion of disability payments 38 U.S.C. section 5301 as income using the term "whatsoever" how does some state government and federal agencies get away with counting it as income?

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

HUD is counting my disability payments specific to wounds incurred in combat as income

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
3/3/2016
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Are you asking why a state court can consider VA compensation when deciding support?