Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

How can she tell what the temp is with gloves and how would…

Customer Question
how can she tell what...
how can she tell what the temp is with gloves and how would that make it valid
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
3/1/2016
Military Lawyer: Peter Griesch,
 replied 2 years ago
Peter Griesch

That could be grounds for your probable cause challenge.

If they're latex gloves, you may be able to tell. Again, it's a matter of degrees. If the person testifies that it was cold, and it was handed right to them, it's likely ok for the command to have a reasonable suspicion. Of the person testifies it felt slightly cool, it's probably an invalid probable cause order.

She let the 1sg touch the bottle and I think that's what he said or it felt like the other samples, but he also said he is always cold as well. Doesn't that break the chain of custody, I thought only UPL's are supposed to handle the urine once submitted
Military Lawyer: Peter Griesch,
 replied 2 years ago

Anyone can handle, but it is supposed to be documented.

Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch