Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

While in the Army, I got married but got an annulment in

Customer Question
about 2 weeks through the...
While in the Army, I got married but got an annulment in about 2 weeks through the JAG. Does the JAG keep records of annulment so that I could get spouse off of DEERS program? I was told by JAG that the annulment of a valid case and that I inform DEERS that spouse should no longer be in that system. I did go to DEERS office and did think this issue was taken care until recently I got a form 1095-b that showed spouse still on the program. Is their any JAG officer able to help me on this.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Military Law
2/25/2016
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 1 year ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Sorry....I do not understand what you mean by

got an annulment in about 2 weeks through the JAG.

What does that mean?

JAG has no power to annul your marriage? Did you believe they did?

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer