How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Peter Griesch Your Own Question
Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 324
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Peter Griesch is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just got in trouble the birthdate on my military ID card

Customer Question

Hey I just got in trouble for altering the birthdate on my military ID card what do I do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

You "got in trouble" by which authority, military or civilian?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I was at the gate to come on base I did tamper with my military card along time ago but I forgot about it and he seen my birthdate was a little weird and asked for my license and told me to pull around he ask me if I tampered with it .. Never being in this situation I lied and said no he told me to step out of the car and out me in handcuffs asked if I had been drinking I said no gave me a breathalyzer and I passed and then took me to my boat and my chain of command said I'm going up to drb then xoi then captains mass
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He was a police officer at the gate .. Usually it's two types of people navy personnel that check your ID or police officers
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

Well, if you're going to captain's mast you'll be given the opportunity to consult with a defense counsel beforehand. You and your counsel can decide whether you want to accept. My advice would be to accept, as this is the lowest level punishment you're likely to receive for such offenses.

If the command wants to, it could charge you both with altering the ID card and with lying to the officer at the gate.