Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

I'm ***** ***** & I was wondering if it's possible to switch

Customer Question
Hi, I'm ***** ***** Rodriguez...
Hi, I'm ***** ***** Rodriguez & I was wondering if it's possible to switch from active duty to reserve in the Marine Corps. I'm breaking down and I don't know if I can deal with being on deployment or being sent to Japan for years. Can you help?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I don't really know what else to say, I just need to know if I can or not, I'm all the way across the country from my family, girlfriend, etc. I'm being sent to Japan next year, I wanna be a reservist
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Military Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Military Law
2/21/2016
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 1 year ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Marine, I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand the question...are you asking if you can demand they release you from your active duty contract into a reserve contract?

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer