Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

I have been in the Army years. I was sent to a year ago and…

Customer Question
I have been in the...
I have been in the Army for 7 years. I was sent to HI a year ago and have two years left here. I am ready to get out of the Army now. I met my ADSO in January of this year. Would I be able to get out of the Army now or do I have to serve in HI for three years?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
2/19/2016
Military Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What does your contract? Is your contract over or did you sign an agreement prior to being sent to HI?
I did not sign a contract but my orders say HI will be a 3 year your
Tour
Thank you for your reply
If you are finished with your Active Duty obligation, then you can file to process out, you do not have to do the full 3 years if your obligation has been completed. They will of course be trying to offer you some bonus to reenlist and remain to finish the tour, but if you refuse, then you should be process for discharge if your obligation is completed and you need to contact your base command about processing out on a discharge.