Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

If I have 3 kids under age of 12 I must give up my position…

If I have 3 kids...
If I have 3 kids under age of 12 I must give up my position as a Navy Seal.
2/3/2016
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Sorry...I do not understand your question. What do you mean by "give up your position as a Navy Seal"

Have you completed BUDS?

If so, who is telling you that you can not longer be a Seal and why?

BUDS was 5 years ago I have 2 Kids & now 2nd wife wants Kids. UCMJ think I read that stated with 3 I would have to revert to regular Navy

Sorry...you say the UCMJ covers this? Can you give a source (like a link to the page that says this)?

Follow up.

There is NOTHING in the UCMJ that covers this (this is why I was asking for a link to see what you were referring to)

You can have as many kids as you like and still be a Seal

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Thank you

welcome. Please remember to rate the answer, as that is the only way I receive credit

Phil

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
No Sir, No questions except why did you not give page of UCMJ so that I Can understand & help correct my own knowledge.

There is no page to point you to.

There is nothing in the UCMJ that says you can not be a seal with 1, 2, 20 or 200 kids.

But you can check yourself here (http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/ucmj.htm )