Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

A no contact order was placed against my husband, an E8 in…

A no contact order was...
A no contact order was placed against my husband, an E8 in the ARMY, and 2 days later he filed for divorce. And ERD was being submitted during this time. Also he used our address, when after I asked him to move out prior to going to his command, he signed a lease and is living elsewhere but keeping his address a secret so I have no way of sending copy of my response to him as ordered. Is that a violation of the no contact order via a third party?I was served a document that he filled out.I feel it was his way of retaliating.We agreed that I would file in Virginia in one year. He was also not physically present on the island for 3 months prior to filing the application but said he was...returned October 28th and filed on January 8th.I just really want this thrown out so I can focus on moving and my daughter.He has a sex addiction and forged my signature to have me removed from our joint account as well.Emotionally I cannot handle this.It will be hard to travel back for the court dat
2/3/2016
Allen M., Esq.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

No, I don't think that would qualify. Even with a "no contact" order, command recognizes that there is a need for individuals to contact their spouse related to legal matters. Sending a document through the appropriate third party isn't a violation of that order.

Now, the remaining issues that you raised, concerning the false statements in his filing, you can raise those with the court as a basis to have the filing ignored or dropped. You can also report those false statements to his command, as they would likely be interested in knowing that he is filing official documents containing false statements.

These arguments or more likely to work with the command, rather than trying to call this a violation of the order.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Allen M., Esq.
That is why they asked if I wanted to lift the order so that we could discuss things regarding finances, etc. He is under investigation for emotional abuse and neglect(FAP case as well) and they suggested he keep his distance to avoid more problems but then he finds a loophole knowing that I couldn't contact him. Sorry to sound like a whiner but this just doesn't seem fair! He knows we no longer have command sponsorship due to the ERD that I pushed for and that we will be moving.
I wish looking like a deadbeat insensitive butthead was a crime in the Army lol.
OK so Ill go with the false info plan. Should I inform him of my plan and see if he decides to drop it on his own or just go straight to the command. Im really over this tit-for-tat game he is playing.