Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

My name is ***** ***** Simpson, I'm an attorney in

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** Simpson, I'm an attorney in Charlotte. I have a son who is a 3rd year cadet at West Point

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Yes, last year my son left the West Point campus without authorization, and was caught he just had an honor court, and the commandant recommended separation, but the rest of the court recommended a year in the army as an enlisted person the superintendent will decide on Feb 12 I guess my first question is if he is separated, can he appeal? can he reapply to West Point later, or is he done? also, does it count as a dishonorable discharge?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/2/2016
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

You are using a term I am not familiar with. "honor court"...I suspect this may be the local vernacular for some type of administrative proceeding.

Can you verify, was this an administrative proceeding?

or was it a criminal proceeding (court martial)?