How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14515
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** ***** Simpson, I'm an attorney in

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** Simpson, I'm an attorney in Charlotte. I have a son who is a 3rd year cadet at West Point
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, last year my son left the West Point campus without authorization, and was caught he just had an honor court, and the commandant recommended separation, but the rest of the court recommended a year in the army as an enlisted person the superintendent will decide on Feb 12 I guess my first question is if he is separated, can he appeal? can he reapply to West Point later, or is he done? also, does it count as a dishonorable discharge?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Military Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

You are using a term I am not familiar with. "honor court"...I suspect this may be the local vernacular for some type of administrative proceeding.

Can you verify, was this an administrative proceeding?

or was it a criminal proceeding (court martial)?