How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14293
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Major O'***** *****......PEBD questions
, Looking to

Customer Question

Major O'***** *****......PEBD questions
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Looking to recover almost 2 years Time in Service while serving as a midshipman at the USNA, but still under a Marine Corps enlisted contract.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Military Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Do you have a specific question? Would it help to chat on the phone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I enlisted in the USMC in Oct 1998. In June, I was discharged from active duty and was sworn in as active duty midshipman status. In May 2004, I accepted a commission as a 2nd Lt in the USMC. At no point, did I have a lapse of active duty membership. Per MCO 1306.17f "The unserved portion of the enlistment obligation or the period of obligated service does not terminate by a Marine entering a Midhsipman status. While attending the service academy the Marine honors the contract until the expiration of the enlistment obligation. The period of time served as a Midshipman shall be considered as time served on a Marine Corps Enlistment."
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am attempting to recover the 2 years, 3 months and 12 days that I continued to serve out my Marine Corps enlisted contract while in Midshipman status. This time would change my PEBD and AFADBD by 2 years, 3 months, and 12 days
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

SO what is it you are looking for? The process to request this change to your record?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've already submitted a request through the Board of Naval Corrections. They denied my request, but offered no explanation.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

I am you have a question today?

Related Military Law Questions