Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

Major O'***** *****......PEBD questions
, Looking to

Customer Question
Major O'***** *****......PEBD questions JA...
Major O'***** *****......PEBD questions
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Looking to recover almost 2 years Time in Service while serving as a midshipman at the USNA, but still under a Marine Corps enlisted contract.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Military Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Military Law
2/1/2016
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 1 year ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Do you have a specific question? Would it help to chat on the phone?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I enlisted in the USMC in Oct 1998. In June, I was discharged from active duty and was sworn in as active duty midshipman status. In May 2004, I accepted a commission as a 2nd Lt in the USMC. At no point, did I have a lapse of active duty membership. Per MCO 1306.17f "The unserved portion of the enlistment obligation or the period of obligated service does not terminate by a Marine entering a Midhsipman status. While attending the service academy the Marine honors the contract until the expiration of the enlistment obligation. The period of time served as a Midshipman shall be considered as time served on a Marine Corps Enlistment."
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am attempting to recover the 2 years, 3 months and 12 days that I continued to serve out my Marine Corps enlisted contract while in Midshipman status. This time would change my PEBD and AFADBD by 2 years, 3 months, and 12 days

Thanks
SO what is it you are looking for? The process to request this change to your record?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've already submitted a request through the Board of Naval Corrections. They denied my request, but offered no explanation.

Thank you

I am sorry...do you have a question today?

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer