How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14272
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a retired xmilitary wife that my husband was in the

Customer Question

I am a retired xmilitary wife that my husband was in the airforce for 24 years.He has been retired for 3 years.I am debating on getting a divorce what steps do i need to take an what forms do i need to get.I have been living with a acholic husband for years an he wont change an my couselor said if u want a change u gotta make the change.I just dont know where to start an what steps i need to take?I have been a stay at home mom for years an work part time at Olive Garden so dont know about financially i could support myself?So neededing some advice an what to do?I live in Texas so no sepperation.Any advice would be helpful in making the right decission?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

You are asking a very open ended question. That is, "what steps do you take" will vary based on several factor.

I have experience in this area (I retired a Marine Corps attorney...plenty of experience in dealing with military divorce)

Would it help to chat on the phone about this? I can make that available for an additional $30 charge. This way I can make sure you get the information you need.

Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i just need basic i just want to pay the regular price.I will just text u if thats alright.I just need to know what papers i would need to get i know he has retirement an right now he works a govt.job so is that i i need?Then i need to talk with a lawyer in local area that deals with military.We are not near a base so that might be tricky.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

I will opt out and allow others to assist you. I wish you the best.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If u cant help me u dont charge me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dont worry about it Ill try to find a lawyer locally thought it wouldnt be a big deal on finding what paper work I needed.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

This is much more complex than just paperwork. That is why I offered a phone call. If you want to initiate a refund, you can call


They answer the phone...I have no power to refund anything.

Best of luck

Related Military Law Questions