Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

My husband passed away in May of last year and I have

Customer Question
applied for sup benefits and...
My husband passed away in May of last year and I have applied for sup benefits and haven't heard back from them on a decision yet .I called DFAS this week and the person I spoke with said they gave her the run around about it and nothing has been done on my case. If I don't hear anything within 10 days what should I do? Can you help me get it approved? I live in rainbow city al. I hope you can help me. Maria Kilgore
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
1/26/2016
Military Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry but state law forbids us from representing anyone from this site. If you need a local attorney, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com.
Before getting an attorney, you should contact the Ombudsman office for your DFAS service and you need to ask them to assist you to get your benefits started. If the ombudsman cannot help, then you need to seek to get an attorney from one of those sites I provided you above.