How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 117442
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband passed away in May of last year and I have

Customer Question

My husband passed away in May of last year and I have applied for sup benefits and haven't heard back from them on a decision yet .I called DFAS this week and the person I spoke with said they gave her the run around about it and nothing has been done on my case. If I don't hear anything within 10 days what should I do? Can you help me get it approved? I live in rainbow city al. I hope you can help me. Maria Kilgore
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry but state law forbids us from representing anyone from this site. If you need a local attorney, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, or
Before getting an attorney, you should contact the Ombudsman office for your DFAS service and you need to ask them to assist you to get your benefits started. If the ombudsman cannot help, then you need to seek to get an attorney from one of those sites I provided you above.

Related Military Law Questions