P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

My brother in law borrowed 15,000, and then 7,500 over 5

Customer Question

My brother in law borrowed 15,000, and then 7,500 over 5 years ago and has only paid 525.00 toward the debt. My brother in law is retired from the Air Force as a 2nd lieutenant and gets a retirement check. The amount is too much to take in Magistrate court and I need to know how I can get my money back without giving 1/3 to a lawyer.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. Have the attorneys you spoke with told you that they would take the case on a contingency basis?