How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14515
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother in law borrowed 15,000, and then 7,500 over 5

Customer Question

My brother in law borrowed 15,000, and then 7,500 over 5 years ago and has only paid 525.00 toward the debt. My brother in law is retired from the Air Force as a 2nd lieutenant and gets a retirement check. The amount is too much to take in Magistrate court and I need to know how I can get my money back without giving 1/3 to a lawyer.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. Have the attorneys you spoke with told you that they would take the case on a contingency basis?