Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

Can a retired military mans ex receive social security after…

Customer Question
Can a retired military mans...
Can a retired military mans ex receive social security after his death and he has remarried.?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
1/20/2016
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

The answer is yes.

If you are divorced, your ex-spouse can receive benefits based on your record (even if you have remarried) if:

Your marriage lasted 10 years or longer; your ex-spouse is unmarried; and your ex-spouse is age 62 or older;

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

What about me. I'm 58

You can not draw until you turn 62. At that point, you can draw from it.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer