How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14430
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Would like to see if I can apply to have a dishonorable

Customer Question

Customer: Would like to see if I can apply to have a dishonorable discharge overturned
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well 22 years ago I came from being a veteran of the first gulf war got out of the Army and then rejoined was sent to Korea after six months I went home and found my mother not well and elected to go to my old duty station and tried to sign in there they would not allow it. So I made the painful choice to not go back. I truly made a bad choice my mother passed in 1995 and this is the first time I've looked into this
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Military Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand the question. Are you asking the process? The likelihood?

What is it you want to know?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well not sure what don't want seven day trial asked a question and put in info as asked and have no answer to my question
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Well...I would be happy to work with you on this...once I can figure out what it is you are looking for...

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Would it help to talk on the phone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I already submitted my question in the very beginning and that's when I was asked for credit card info and now your asking what I have a question about this just seems fishy. How can I back out of the transaction all together?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.


I asked you to clarify your question. Not sure what is fishy about that...I would expect you may appreciate the person trying to help you is taking steps to understand what is going on.

That said, you can call customer service at 1-***-***-**** and they can cancel your account

Good evening

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks just saw your first message to me just afraid of being charged month after month for one question just wanted to know the likely hood of having it overturned
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

The likelihood depends on many factors
If I understand, you had a prior discharge, and reentered? Is that correct?

And during the second hitch is when your mom was ill?

Can you give a bit of context on WHY you went AWOL...specifically what steps did you take to get permission to visit your mom and what was the command response?