Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

Clarke here, I received a bcd 1959 can I have this upgraded…

Customer Question
***** ***** Clarke here...

***** ***** Clarke here, I received a bcd 1959 for awol can I have this upgraded as I have been a productive citizen since then?

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I inlisted in army 1958 completed all my training then went airborne with 82nd at fort bragg after about 6 months I found out my future wife had been raped, I could not get leave to go back home to take care of matters, so I went awol. I loved my airborne unit and was thinking of staying for 20. I was a young and foolish 18yr old.I am now 75 years old and have always regretted this. would like to know if any thing can be done?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
1/18/2016
Military Lawyer: Peter Griesch,
 replied 2 years ago
Peter Griesch

Yes. You may submit a request to the Army Discharge Review Board to upgrade your discharge.

You will write to the board, explain why you left your unit, the circumstances surrounding your absence, and the contributions you've made to society since that time, and ask that your discharge be upgraded.

The board can decide to upgrade your discharge, or decide to take no action.

There is a form for submission which can be found on this website:http://arba.army.pentagon.mil/abcmr-faq.cfm

Thank you for your inquiry.

Military Lawyer: Peter Griesch,
 replied 2 years ago

If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

If not, please rate my response with the star rating above. I only receive credit from Just Answer if my response is rated.

Thank you.