How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Peter Griesch Your Own Question
Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 324
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Peter Griesch is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Clarke here, I received a bcd 1959 can I have this upgraded

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Clarke here, I received a bcd 1959 for awol can I have this upgraded as I have been a productive citizen since then?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I inlisted in army 1958 completed all my training then went airborne with 82nd at fort bragg after about 6 months I found out my future wife had been raped, I could not get leave to go back home to take care of matters, so I went awol. I loved my airborne unit and was thinking of staying for 20. I was a young and foolish 18yr old.I am now 75 years old and have always regretted this. would like to know if any thing can be done?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Military Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

Yes. You may submit a request to the Army Discharge Review Board to upgrade your discharge.

You will write to the board, explain why you left your unit, the circumstances surrounding your absence, and the contributions you've made to society since that time, and ask that your discharge be upgraded.

The board can decide to upgrade your discharge, or decide to take no action.

There is a form for submission which can be found on this website:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

If not, please rate my response with the star rating above. I only receive credit from Just Answer if my response is rated.

Thank you.