Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

My grandson, who is serving in the navy, tested positive in

Customer Question
a drug test. He is...
My grandson, who is serving in the navy, tested positive in a drug test. He is being discharged. Is there an appeals process. He is being honorably discharged. He is in the middle of his second tour. He has twice deployed to the Middle East
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
1/14/2016
Military Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for the information and your question. What is he wanting to appeal from? Did he go to NJP (Article 15 hearing) or an administrative discharge board? What is his rank and how long has he been in the Navy? You say he is being Honorably discharged, why would he want to appeal a favorable discharge?

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer