Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

Will I be able to keep Tricare and my military ID?

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Military Law
1/11/2016
Military Lawyer: Peter Griesch,
 replied 1 year ago
Peter Griesch

If you divorce?

Military Lawyer: Peter Griesch,
 replied 1 year ago

The answer is yes. Under the 20/20/20 former spouse rule, you qualify for Tricare, an ID card, exchange benefits, etc.

Military Lawyer: Peter Griesch,
 replied 1 year ago

Once you have a divorce decree, you should call the appropriate number in the following website: http://www.tricare.mil/Plans/Eligibility/FormerSpouses/ServicePersonnelComponents.aspx

You will then send to them your divorce decree, and they will send you a confirmation that you are now your own sponsor for purposes of tricare.

Military Lawyer: Peter Griesch,
 replied 1 year ago

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. If not, please rate my response. I only receive credit from Just Answer if my response is rated. Thank you.

Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch