P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I recently recieved a 6105 being able to check into advanced

Customer Question

I recently recieved a 6105 for not being able to check into advanced course (Marine E-7) course. I proceeded to the course not not on orders, was told last minute. I did not have all required criteria to enroll so was turned away. My command issued a 6105 due to the "hoops they had to go through and money". This will be my first page 11 insert ever, anything I can do?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

Good morning.

A few questions: 1) did you know you did not meet the basic enrollment requirements before heading to the course, and did you share that with the command; and 2) if you were not on funded orders, what hoops did the command have to jump through, and what money did it cost the command?

Thank you.