P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I interedunited state as refugee statuse with i94,a six

Customer Question

hi,i interedunited state as refugee statuse with i94,a six months ago.i have allkind of document,and allien number.but i am going to recieve my perminent residency(green card) after 8 months.i interested to join military,i have 32 years old with good health.
is it possible to join military or not?in some website they mentioned as a 2 years stay in us,but i wanna know is it right,or i can do something to join military?
thanking you
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

The largest problem you face is your age. Most of the services have an age limit below 32. That said, it is possible to receive a waiver. So it may be possible to enlist.

You must have status (green card) before you can apply...but once you have that green card? You can apply for service

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.