How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Peter Griesch Your Own Question
Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 324
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Peter Griesch is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband (retired military, buried at Arlington National

Customer Question

My husband (retired military, buried at Arlington National Cemetery) passed away in Dec. 2014. I now need to renew my military ID card but cannot find any telephone numbers where I can call to get help for this and talk to someone in person. From the Internet I understand I must fill out a special forms but don't know where to get them and also will need to have power of atty.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

You can locate the closest ID issuance office near you by using this site: You'll be able to call to speak with someone, make an appointment, and ask what forms will be needed. They will also be able to provide the forms to you.

If you are having trouble with any of the forms or requirements, you may speak with a legal assistance attorney at the nearest base. I'm not sure which base you're closest to, but if you call the general number at the local base, they can direct you to the legal assistance attorney. He/she can assist you with forms and questions.

Please let me know of you have any follow-up questions. Additionally, of you are not getting the assistance you need from legal assistance, I'd be happy to answer any of your questions.

Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

If you have any follow-up questions, please let me know. If not, please remember to rate my response. I only receive credit from Just Answer if my response is positively (three stars of more) rated.

Thank you.

Related Military Law Questions