Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

I am ***** ***** and i am getting discharged from the Marine

Customer Question
Customer: Hello. I am *****...
Customer: Hello. I am ***** ***** and i am getting discharged from the Marine Corps with a General discharge. Am I required to turn in my uniforms if I have done more then 4 years and the first 4 years were honorable?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am getting discharged with a General under honorable conditions. I was told today that I have to turn in all my uniforms. I was curious as to whether or not the fact that I served my first 4 years honorably and reenlisted plays into account when being required to turn the uniforms in.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Military Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/5/2016
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 1 year ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Marine, a general discharge is considered "under honorable conditions"

You get to keep your uniforms. You have earned them with your service

Semper Fi

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Marine, follow up.
Please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer