Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

My name ***** ***** E. Trevino, SSgt. Retired USMC. Would

Customer Question
Customer: Hi my name *****...
Customer: Hi my name ***** ***** E. Trevino, SSgt. Retired USMC. Would like to rebuttal promtion board due to PTSD while on active duty 1969-1989 can you help me?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure ,my promtion to SSgt. 1976 remained until retirement 1989.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Military Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: No problem.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Military Law
1/3/2016
Military Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Can you please clarify what you are seeking to do, since you have been retired for about 25 years?
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 1 year ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Are you asking the process to change your record? If so the process to apply is not complex.

YOu file this form
http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/forms/eforms/dd0149.pdf

With the BCNR (board of corrections for naval record).

It is too late to convene a new promotion board...you are retired and they will not convent one now. But if you can show you were not promoted due to an error, the board has the power to promote you

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer