How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Peter Griesch Your Own Question
Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 324
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Peter Griesch is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a separation form from the military. I served 11.5

Customer Question

Customer: i need a separation form from the military. I served 11.5 years but left as a contract . I need to know how to get that form to see if I get an separation paper. my name ***** ***** de la garza and still employed as a Rn at the va
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I desired to get a loan from the VA so I can a home.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Military Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: You can catch at bbb3637 at and I willing to get the information tomorrow. I need to know if those 11 years that I served in the reserves is worth anything thanks. I be up at 1000 tomorrow . thanks Sir
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Every person that has served in a branch of the military receives a separation document known as a DD-214.

For a VA home loan, you'll need a certificate of eligibility from the VA stating that you're eligible for the loan. You can get that document on the VA website at

This is the document every lender will want to see if you are seeking a VA loan. I'm familiar with that process having recently gone through it.

You'll also likely need a copy of your DD-214. If you cannot locate your DD-214, I can assist you in determining how to get a copy of you tell me which branch of the military you served.


Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

If you have any follow-up questions, please let me know. If not, please remember to rate my response. I only receive credit from Just Answer if my response is positively (three stars of more) rated.

Thank you.

Related Military Law Questions