How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14447
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was planing on filing but quite unaware of which state to

Customer Question

Customer: hello, I was planing on filing for divorce but quite unaware of which state to file through. My spouse is Active Duty and stationed here in Florida, I have no job or support system here so I wanted to take my children and go back to Texas for family help and get back on my feet ( I have been a full time student and stay at home mother). Also my husband threatens to call the police if I leave with the kids, but I have nothing here and can't make it on my own without help to start, as I have sacrificed a lot moving here in the first place. I am not sure where to start, I want him in their lives, I just can;t make it on my own here in Florida,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: we have been stationed here in Florida for 3 years, so I don't know if i could claim Texas as my residence to file for divorce, even though it is home of record. I want to make sure that if i leave nothing detrimental will happen and effect my small children, I was it to be as painless as possible for them.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Military Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: want*
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But I do not see a question. Do you have a question?