Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

My husband has 2 years active duty after graduation from

Customer Question
Dental School196? then 20+ (?)...
My husband has 2 years active duty after graduation from Dental School196? then 20+ (?) years in Reserve and retired as Capt in 1966. He has dementia and we need the dates of active duty and retirement for VA help for dementia home care. What is the best way to get his records of enlistment and retirement dates to proceed.
Thanks, ***@******.***
Kissimmee, Fl 34741
Capt Charles Luther Smith, Jr (Retired)
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2015
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Can you tell me, is he competent (able to understand what is going in around him)?

He is, but he is not competent in doing things as figuring out daily things always such as turning on TV the right number for a different program, etc. finding things. He goes between 3 - 10 yr old in these things to help him live a better way of life.
Now my question was: how to get his years of service for the VA help? Do you know if there is a military web site i can go on?

I ask if he is competent since he needs to be to make the request.

Have him sign this form and check block 1 of section II

http://www.archives.gov/research/order/standard-form-180.pdf

Mail it in and they will send you his records

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer