Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

I got demoted from a PFC to PV2 last year in February. I did

Customer Question
my time and and got...
I got demoted from a PFC to PV2 last year in February. I did my time and and got promoted again to PFC. When my time was up to make SPC I brought it up and they said they'd look into it but come to realize that my erb was never updated therefore I was still a PV2 In the three month span I kept on nagging about it but then we got change of CO, 1SG, PL, PSG and squad leader all in that time so it never really got fixed while all this happened I got orders and PCS'd. While doing this I kept on asking about it but they said they couldn't fix it since they lost me when I came to my new unit they repromoted me to PFC and now waiting again for another 6 months to SPC is there anything that can be done in this situation or wait again ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Military Law
12/21/2015
Military Lawyer: Peter Griesch,
 replied 1 year ago
Peter Griesch

Yes, there is. Your first step should be approaching your new command and asking that it fix the situation. If your new command either says it cannot, or just refuses to help, you can ask the Army Board for Correction of Military Records to backdate your promotion date to the earlier time.

If you Google the board, you'll find their website. The Board has the ability to correct many issues with military records, promotions being one of them.

The instructions for applications are on their website. It's a simple process to file an application.

Thanks for your questions.

Military Lawyer: Peter Griesch,
 replied 1 year ago

If you have any further questions, I'd be happy to assist.

Please remember to rate my response. I only receive credit from Just Answer is my response is positively rated.

Thank you.

Military Lawyer: Peter Griesch,
 replied 1 year ago

Thank you.

Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch