How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 19307
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I did not complete my second term of service in the air

Customer Question

I did not complete my second term of service in the air force reserves. Is there any type of paperwork that I can get stating I am discharged.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

That will depend on whether or not you have actually been discharged. In most cases, when dealing with the reserves, they do just separate you. However, in some rare circumstances they will place you on an AWOL roster.

The only real way to make this determination is to file for your records with the national archives. If they have separated you, any record of your separation would be contained in that file.

You would make this request by filing an SF Form 180.