P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

If I remarrig will lose my survivor benefit

Customer Question

if I remarrig will lose my survivor benefit
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Sorry...what survival benefit are you referring to? SBP? A "widows pension from the VA"?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
social securety
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. If you are 60 years of age or older, you can continue to collect on your late husbands account, even if you remarry. But if you remarry prior to age 60? You loose the benefit.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.