How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 117375
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I will be receiving non participant paperwork from my

Customer Question

I will be receiving non participant paperwork from my Reserve Unit here in Germany. I was not able to attend mostly due to my civilian job that is supporting me and my family. I was wondering how that could affect my Benefits since I have a certain Amount of VA Benefits?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you are given non-participant documents, this can result in a discharge from your reserve unit. The time you did not participate would not be credited towards your benefits. This means you could see a reduction or termination of those benefits based on the non-participation unless you file a hardship waiver based on your employment and they agree that the employment situation was good cause for your non-participation of your obligation and you agree to make up the time.

Related Military Law Questions