How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Peter Griesch Your Own Question
Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 324
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Peter Griesch is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Iv met a us milatary man and sent money leave and money

Customer Question

Iv met a us milatary man and sent money for his leave and money for his replacement now said he's in truble for trying to take gold out of the country that he found and is asking me to pay his fine am I being scamed
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, yes, it sounds like you are being scammed. Perhaps a servicemember would need money to travel during leave. I have no idea why money would be needed for his replacement.

The person may not be in the military, but if he is, you should consider reporting this to the branch of service he said he was a member of.

Thank you for your question.

Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

Please remember to rate my response. I only receive credit from Just Answer if the customer rates my response. Thank you

Related Military Law Questions