How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 73
Experience:  Sworn to the California Bar in 2011. Former staff editor at The New York Times Co. and seasoned news professional of 20 years experience in the U.S. and abroad.
Type Your Military Law Question Here... is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son's mother is in the Army and is stationed in Germany.

Customer Question

My son's mother is in the Army and is stationed in Germany. We are not, and have never been married. I have full legal and physical custody and am seeking child support. In order for a subpoena to be issued, I need an address in the US for the subpoena to be issued to. Do I contact the JAG to receive this information? Would she receive this subpoena while in Germany? This has been a tedious task to accomplish and I am seeking advice.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert: replied 1 year ago.

In fact, you should be able to contact the JAG at the Army facility nearest you for help establishing a location to serve the subpoena. It can be served to her via sending it to her base in Germany, even if she lives off-base.

Be aware that the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act may enable delay of any legal proceedings until her duty status affords her the ability to attend and protect her interests.



Related Military Law Questions