Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

My son was chaptered out if the army July 2015 chap 11 RE3

Customer Question
JGA code. He wants to...
My son was chaptered out if the army July 2015 chap 11 RE3 JGA code. He wants to go back in. From what u am reading it not possible. But a recruiter is telling him otherwise and having him come in Friday. They they just blowing smoke?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
10/29/2015
Military Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Allen M., Esq.

With an RE-3, it is "possible." It requires a waiver. Waivers are pretty scarce right now, but if a recruiter has a need and they are willing to process the waiver, it can be granted and he could rejoin with that discharge status. It is not the type that completely disallowed rejoining.

Is it rare? Yes. Is it possible that they may not be able to process it? Yes, that is possible. But I cannot say that the recruiter is just messing with him here, because it is legally possible to rejoin with that RE code.

Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer