P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I 't know if you can help. My fiancé is a cadet at the US

Customer Question

Hi, I don't know if you can help. My fiancé is a cadet at the US Air Force Academy and we want to get married although, I am here through DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals). I have a work permit and work only SSN, would my legal status hurt his commissioning as a 2Lt?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

The Air Force prohibits marriage by cadets. If you married while he was in the academy ? he could be punished.

After he graduates? Then you can marry.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.