How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Peter Griesch Your Own Question
Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 324
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Peter Griesch is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Does a foreign military student need to inform the officers

Customer Question

Does a foreign military student need to inform the officers he will not be returning to his military post abroad due to adjustment of status due to marriage. The Immigration attorney says he is fine and legal to stay here as long as adjustment of status in USA is done before his legal status expires. Will he or can he be charged with desertion or AWOL. Will the wife be in trouble if he is living with her. Thanks. What are the legal implications for the foreign military student if he does not return. He has had other friends who did not return and they were not charged- and they returned to work in their home country at a later date and in fact received a promotion.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

It appears you've requested a phone call. I'd be happy to assist.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay.(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this lawyer griesch or p. Simmons.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It changed lawyers on me. I don't need a phone call if its gonna cost me more.
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know who to speak to. It said Simmons was working on an answer and then you came up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can just text the answer if it is a simple yes he will be reported as a deserter or AWOL or no he is fine to leave and adjust status. Let me know the cost of the review that will be charged. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mr griesch you are fine to answer the question. I don't need it referred to someone else.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to know the answer before I spend 1500 dollars doing the petition for alien relative packet for my husband. He will go back to his country if he will be charged. I just need a fast answer so I can know whether to proceed or not. I am on a time crunch. Thanks. Call me if it's faster(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are free to call me if you have the answer. I have already been charged 49.00. My phone is xxx-xxx-xxxx

Related Military Law Questions