Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

How can I stop these people scammers asking or merchandise

Customer Question
how can I stop these...
how can I stop these people scammers asking for money or merchandise or report them to someone. so others would not be taken in. Specially saying there in the service.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/18/2015
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

SOrry for the delay...I was called away

There are a few ways to approach this. First, you can report (of identity) the theft to the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) (FBI-NW3C Partnership).

Online: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Also, you can report the theft to the Federal Trade Commission. Your report helps law enforcement officials across the United States in their investigations.
Online: http://www.ftc.gov/idtheft

By phone: 1-877-ID-THEFT (438-4338) or TTY, 1-***-***-****

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer