How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 20225
Experience:  Licensed attorney and former Navy JAG serving ashore, afloat and at the OJAG
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is living with s lover and now has a daughter. He

Customer Question

My husband is living with his lover and now has a daughter. He was seeing her when I was pregnant with are thredthered child. When he left over seas he posted on facbook that he was in love with her. He does not have us on inc and I had to put the kids on medicade to be able to take them to the Dr IIt'd been 4 years and I'm having to figure out how to pay bills. He sends money when he can but not enough to pay for all bills. He is living with her now and she was married to someone in the service. She is also in the service. I tried contacting his Commander and I have left messages but she never contacted me. When I finally did she said she could not do anything do to him going to another unit. What can I do to fight all thus cuz as far as I know adultery is going on and he is providing for another family and left us to live with my mother.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for the information and your question. I am not exactly clear on what your husband's CO said about the issue. If I understand correctly, they said they couldn't resolve the issue because he has transferred. If that is the case, then you will need to contact his new Command. You will want to send information about exactly how long he has not been sending you money, specifically state that your children and you do not have IDs and are not in DEERS and cannot receive medical (if this is the case), and also give all the information you have about the adultery.

If you do not know what Command he is now at, or on his way to, then you can send this information, with a complaint to your Congressional Representative (make sure you provide his SSN so they can locate him) and they will send your concerns to his Command who will handle the issue. You can also go to the nearest Military Legal Assistance Office (if you have a dependent ID) and get one of the lawyers there to write a letter to the Command about non-support and the DEERS issue.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. I will be away from my office for most of the next two days, but will get back to you as soon as I can.

Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 9th. For some unknown reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at:

Thank you.

Related Military Law Questions