How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 34550
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was wondering how, if I can, does it take to expunge my

Customer Question

I was wondering how long, if I can, does it take to expunge my record for shoplifting because I got out of the Army and I'm trying to get a job on post and I've been rejected.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Expunge which record? A military or civilian record?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you...and what type of "record" are we discussing? Art 15? GOMOR? Court Martial?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Art 15
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you
there is no "expungement" for federal records (including military records)

That said, if you can prove that the record is in error? YOu can request the military board of corrections correct the record.

You use this form

To make the request to correct the record.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Related Military Law Questions