Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

I'm on terminal leave now. My husband and i are going

Customer Question
through a nasty divorce. He's...
I'm on terminal leave now. My husband and i are going through a nasty divorce. He's telling my 1sgt that I left him for another and that I'm doing drugs. He hacked my Facebook and sent a screenshot of a message I had between a friend. It was about drugs (weed) but I didn't go through with it. I have 11 days left on teeminal.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/29/2015
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

I am sorry for this dilemma...but do not understand your question. Do you have a question?

Sorry, yes. Do you think they will recall me? If they do how do I go about this situation with the accusation? I know if I take a ua I will pass. So I'm not worried about that. I'm just trying to say as far away from my ex.
I have contacted my command already and they know what is going on. There is no evidence that I have cheated or done drugs. Nor have I done any of the things I'm being accused of.

Thanks
Recall?
Perhaps. My experience is that commanders take allegations of misconduct seriously. That FB message may well be enough to get them to recall.

But what you are describing, sounds like a minor inconvenience (since you would not screen positive)

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Pull me from terminal leave.

Yes...they can...and perhaps will (based on the evidence)

But it is up to the commander to decide this.

Ok. And is there anything I can so since he is hacking my accounts and making false accusations?

You can certainly notify law enforcement and request they prosecute this criminal misconduct.

And you could sue him for "defamation" if his lies about you harm your reputation.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer