How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 116732
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a former military spouse of 10 years. we entered into

Customer Question

I am a former military spouse of 10 years. we entered into marriage before my Ex entered the Marines Corp, now his's a E7 in the Army Green Berate during the course of our marriage we've had two daughters (he was deployed during both pregnancy & births) also deployed to many times to count, we've relocated 4 times & one of those were over seas to Germany for 3 years. During this time (our entire marriage) he engaged in countless affairs & it was clear things weren't changing so it was for my sanity I had to move back stateside. I found a lawyer to handle the Sep. Agreement which my ex-husband & i both signed in front of a Notary. The child support, spousal support & alimony was all agreed upon 2,700. Trusting the agreement I used that amount to budget to relocation me & the girls & our living expenses budget. He paid for awhile (6 months) & then has he moved on he slowly stopped paying & seeing our daugthers. He now refuses to more then $1,000 a month & has seen his children once in the past year!
My ex was granted a divorce 6 months ago w/ incorporation of Sep. Agreement to be determined at a later date!!! Ive been through two attorney's and spent alot of money! I'm as single mother with all the responsibility and no help I need a break!!! Can I go this command and show them the has not honored the Sep. Agreement and threaten to sue?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

In most cases, the command is not going to get involved in a civil matter, which is what this is considered. They will get involved in matters of child support, which you can report to them if you have an order from the court for child support and family services at the base will assist you in making sue child support is garnished from his pay and paid and making sure the children are covered by the health insurance.

You need to go through the military family support services at the local base first, but otherwise, his command is not going to get involved, they are going to tell you that you have to go to court and file a motion for order to show cause for contempt of court and get a contempt order against him for garnishment of his wages to get payment directly out of his pay.

Related Military Law Questions