P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

I separate in December of this year and my next prt is next

Customer Question

I separate in December of this year and my next prt is next month. I have two failures on my record already& i have a prt waiver, but i know i'll fail my bca. will i be admin separated if i'm separating at my EAOS in less than three months?
Category: Military Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I work at NMSCD. I just transferred there this summer for LIMDU. My LIMDU period expires on October 6th. My separation date is December 12, 2015. I already received my letter of eligibility for my GI benefits. I'm nervous that when I fail this bca again, I won't get to use my benefits.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want to be sure that it's not protocal to give anything other than an honorable discharge at this stage, so i can be able to use my benefits. I think i've suffered enough in the military! I'm on LIMDU for major depression. My last command did nothing to help me and i'm still currently waiting to get into the pain management clinic, but I won't be seen until next month. This is all just very frustrating to say the least.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

Part of this depends on your "time in service"

Is this your first contract? If not, how many years have you served?